Call Us For A Free Consultation
(866) 438-6781
Flint Cooper Logo
Decor White

If your property is next to a railroad right-of-way (railway) that is being converted from a railway into a recreational trail, the federal government may owe you compensation. It is established law that the federal government must pay you for the portion of your land that is currently the railway or once was a railway that is now being converted into a trail. Since the railway was an easement granted to the railroad, you may still hold title to the land.


Our firm has experience handling lawsuits asserting the property rights of landowners against the federal government. These lawsuits are referred to as "Rails-to-Trails" cases.

Involved in a Rails-to-Trails Litigation?

The lawyers at Flint Cooper have extensive experience litigating rails-to-trails claims in the United States Court of Federal Claims, and are extremely familiar with the Court and its judges. Our dedicated team of lawyers take pride in making the litigation process as simple and stress free for our clients. There are no upfront fees and absolutely no out of pocket expenses charged to our rails-to-trails clients. Time to file a claim is limited so call us for a free consultation today.

Our dedicated team of lawyers will help make your compensation process simple. There are no upfront fees and no out of pocket expenses. Time to file a claim is limited so call us today at (866) 816-7383 for a free consultation.

Adrianne Andrus

Reviewed by:  Adrienne Andrus
Chief Editor of Flint Cooper
Client Advocate & Product Liability Paralegal since 2015.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication, SIU Edwardsville

Linkedin Icon