Lisa is an experienced litigator having conducted over 100 jury trials in both the civil and criminal arenas. She began her career as a criminal prosecutor in Dallas, Texas before relocating to Missouri where she specialized in homicides and capital murder cases. When she transitioned to civil practice, she represented injured individuals in all phases of trial preparation for personal injury claims, products liability, medical malpractice, automobile liability, employment discrimination and civil rights cases.
Lisa has first chaired numerous jury trials, conducted thousands of depositions and argued before the Missouri Supreme Court four times. She is experienced with all aspects of trial work. Lisa's varied and extensive trial background provides her with the expertise to handle any issue in connection with representing the victims of asbestos exposure in their lawsuits.
Lisa has distinguished herself by engaging in numerous community service projects. She is very involved with Missouri's largest daycare facility, Operation Breakthrough, in a mentoring project to help under privileged children learn about the legal practice. Service is second nature to Lisa, both in the community at large and through the local bar association, where she has held numerous leadership positions. She is married with two daughters, who are the light of her life. Lisa enjoys spending time with her family at every opportunity, including her three Labrador retrievers.
- Southern Methodist University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Duke University, B.A. Cum Laude
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS
- Illinois Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers (MATA)
- Texas Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Association for Women Lawyers Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- 2016 President's Award from Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award from Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance Foundation
- 2011 President's Award from Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance Foundation
- 2010 Leadership Award from the American Lung Association
- 2009 Volunteer Appreciation Award from the American Lung Association
- 2008 Leadership and Service Award from Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance Foundation